Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Unmolding of my Genesis soap! Yayyy.

Hey there!

How have you been?
So I unmolded my soap 24hours after I made them.
A couple of things though...

¤ The mold is silicon so it's supposed to be easy to unmold...errrrr...it was a little hard. I almost ruined the soap while trying to force it to unmold. ๐Ÿ˜

¤ Also, the mold is small in width. It's 12 inches aaaalright! But...it's very slim. Left me feeling some type of way! ๐Ÿ˜•

¤ I didn't know the measurement of the cutter wasn't exact. So I just went on cutting. The result???
I cut 13 soaps....some were 1 inch in width while some were a little below 1 inch. How will I gain experience if I don't make mistakes, ehn?

¤ The soaps came out beautiful. I was worried the white part won't show at all because I added the white mica to a little portion of the soap batter. But I was pleasantly surprised.

I'll definitely be soaping more. Most of the soaps have been ordered though. Owners waiting for it to cure, so yeah...I'm happy ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ...Thanks guys!๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

Mistakes I Made/Lessons Learnt:

☆ I wore my protective suit too early. I started sweating profusely so i removed them when I realised I didn't need them yet...then I forgot to wear the safety goggles when I needed it.

Lesson:
- Measure the oils and butter before wearing the protective suit.
- Only wear your safety goggles, gloves and suit when you want to make the lye water and from there on till you're done soaping.

☆ I used up all the oils to make the soap, so when it was now time to mix the clays, powders with oil to add colour to the soap, I had no oil to use. I had to use little water instead. It just made me disorganized an' stuff! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Lesson:
- Prepare! Prepare!! Prepare!!! Always prepare the colours in oil before you begin soaping. Set aside. Use when slight trace is reached. (Ask what this means in the comment section. Yes! I'm forcing you to comment on my blog!๐Ÿ˜†)

☆ Was so distracted when my daughter suddenly woke up and wanted to breastfeed. I wasn't even half way finished. This distraction made me rush things and I was good...until I had to clear everything I used and make sure I don't touch anything that has been near the lye water. So I panicked with the clearing up and dumped my weight and expensive infrared thermometer into a bucket I was going to use to wash all the kitchen utensilsI used. I poured hot water into the bucket before I remembered they were there sef ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

Lesson:
- Make soap only when daughter is NOT at home. Even when she is sleeping, she can wake up and daddy might be busy too! ๐Ÿ˜
- Buy kitchen towels and tissue to wipe everything else that's not kitchen utensil. ๐Ÿ˜”

Anyways, those are the mistakes I can remember. Please note...
Theses mistakes take nothing away from the quality of the soap, they just made soaping difficult for me. Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Finally...the big reveal! Check out the pictures of my soap after I had unmolded and cut below.

Please don't forget to leave a comment or ask any question. If you would also like to buy one of these little champs, send me an e-mail sisiarab@yahoo.com

Cheers ๐Ÿท

6 comments:

  1. Nice! do you make body washes as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I owe you one Genesis Anti Aging soap for being the first to comment on my blog. Send me an e-mail with your name and number, let me know where to send your Soap.๐Ÿ˜Š...I do not make body washes yet but I do make other body products like lip balm, body souffle, facial scrub and so on. Will share on here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment! I owe you one Genesis Anti Aging soap for being the first to comment on my blog. Send me an e-mail with your name and number, let me know where to send your Soap.๐Ÿ˜Š...I do not make body washes yet but I do make other body products like lip balm, body souffle, facial scrub and so on. Will share on here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAY, so excited! I actually found you through skin care entrepreneur on facebook. I am equally a DIY enthusiast and a new blogger. I couldnt find your email so as to send my address and number but i would leave mine here Marriedmrs1@gmail.com. Im looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaay! Thanks! I couldnt find your email but I would leave mine hoping to get a mail from you so I would send my details. I am a new blogger as well and a supporter of home made products, I found your through the Skincare Entrepreneur on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Send your number to sisiarab@yahoo.com so i can call you.

      Delete